Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kurt

Flying an helicopter in FS2004

I practice and practice again, but I still can't land exactly where I want. I just can't land on the H drawn on the ground of my favorite heliport. I'll make it...Eric

Guest Grey_Wolf

Practice hovering and flying at taxi speeds, You'll hit your target eventually, landing it with out crashing is the hardest part, everything else comes with time.I also find it use full to fly with a bit of wind, Flying at 30KIAS in to a 10 knot head wind your GS is only 20.

Guest Makini

I have the same problem of pin point accuracy when landing. My problem is that I can't stop it drifting about when hovering such that by the time i've put it down, i'm way off course. The other alternative is to cut the throttle when over the 'H' which usually leads to a spectacular crash.It takes me hours to master and the frustration usually sends me off sulking to a winged aircraft for weeks and by the time I return to helicopters, I've forgotten everything I learnt...

Guest Skymed

Actually there is a brand new version of my HUD at www.hovercontrol.com in the panels download section.Steve

Guest Kurt

Is this one at hovercontrol-----HSIHUDFor MS Flight-Sim 2004 only.New HELIHUD complete with a full HSI.For novice to experienced pilots. Will allow you to learn to hover and progress all the way to full ILS/VOR approaches. To Install: Unzip to a temporary directory and follow the instructions in the README file. Full, detailed instructions on use are included in MS WORD and HTML formats.Steve HanleyBy SkyMedZip FileHits: 621Rating: 7.28Size: 4.02 MbAdded: 04/10/2004--------different than this one at avsim, or is there a newer one?http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=root--------Helihud 2004 File Description:This HUD is for Microsoft Flight-Simulator 2004 Only, and for use in Turbine powered helicopters, and derivatives. It has a fully functional ILS system complete with HSI and nav radio readouts, colour co-ordinated digital readouts and all information required for all flight regimes from the hover to a full ILS approach to minimums. Filename: hsihud.zip License: Freeware Added: 12th April 2004 Downloads: 829 Author: Steve Hanley Size: 4120kb -----------Kurt M