Sign in to follow this  
catmar

Uninstalling FSX installing FSX Deluxe and Expansion.

Can anyone please tell me if the "addon scenery directory" and the main scenery directory with the 000 to world directories are left intact when uninstalling the sim? I was advised to backup the scenery files by using the settings menu? and to also save the fsx.cfg file.

I have FSX standard, I have now purchased FSX Deluxe and the expansion pack and want to install them, but try to avoid having to install all my sceneries over 100Gb of the stuff mostly Ultimate terrain, EU, USA and Canada, a lot of Orbx and most of UK2000, I also have Norway X and NL2000 installed.

The sim is stable, but it would be nice to have the SDK and all the other goodies that deluxe and the expansion supplies. I was going to wait until the sim started to give me a heardache but so far not doing so, I have had the deluxe and expansion pack almost a year lol, but I do need to know what happens on an uninstall so I can avoid if possible having to install all of these scenery files which will take weeks.

Don't the answer I will get will be what I want, but I have to ask.

Thanks

Usually, only native FSX files are uninstalled, leaving the addon- stuff alone. As long s you reinstall to the same folder, you might be ok. the problems arise when an add-on "replaces" original files but keeps the same name. Those might get removed.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Usually, only native FSX files are uninstalled, leaving the addon- stuff alone. As long s you reinstall to the same folder, you might be ok. the problems arise when an add-on "replaces" original files but keeps the same name. Those might get removed.

Thanks I do believe you are correct, with UT-USA, UT-CA, UT-EU, The Orbx, UK2000 and FSGenesis, it maybe too big a risk, so the best bet is to be patient and wait until the sim gives out, giving me a perfect excuse to re-install and several weeks of adding the purchased scenery, and an opportunity to arrange things better than last time, like all add ons to another drive, leaving just FSX on C drive. So thanks for the reply.