Sign in to follow this  
DOGANG KIM

ARM/THR HOLD question.

(Sorry for my poor English. And I am Dogang kim. it's real my name. Why do people ask me to use real name??)

There is the option in the NGX737 about joystick throttle override under ARM/THR HOLD mode.

When ARM/THR HOLD is dispayed at PFD, pilot can move the throttle menually. Right?

So how about 747?

I think the system is similar. But I never had seen the option about joystick override in PMDG747 option.

Help me please~:)

Why do people ask me to use real name??)

It's polite to use your name. And it's a rule in at least the PMDG forums.

When ARM/THR HOLD is dispayed at PFD, pilot can move the throttle menually. Right?

To my knowledge, the autothrottle system will set the approximate takeoff thrust. Then it will disengage allowing the pilots (either Captain or F/O according to SOP) to set/verify the correct takeoff thrust if needed.

So how about 747?

I think the system is similar. But I never had seen the option about joystick override in PMDG747 option.

I believe there is an option in the Add-ons > PMDG > Options drop-down menu. Choose the AFDS menu. If you choose "Throtte" under the Controls Override section, you will be able to override the autothrottle momentairly.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I dont understand about using real name. This is my real name. why do people think this is not my name???

I believe there is an option in the Add-ons > PMDG > Options drop-down menu. Choose the AFDS menu. If you choose "Throtte" under the Controls Override section, you will be able to override the autothrottle momentairly.

What do you mean momentairly?

Override under ARM/THR HOLD mode

or

Override during whole flight?