Sign in to follow this  
simba_nl

DX10 Preview and 3D Stereo

Well, I must say, there are nice improvements with the resurrection of FSX in DX10 preview mode but still some work to do.

First of all I want to thank the guys who put a lot of effort in it and the results are awesome and maybe become better in the near future

BUT

as long you fly in the conventional 2D modus and can live with a bit reducing of the sharpness and not 100% perfect AA it's a quantum leap forward. Flying in 3d Stereo (Nvidia 3d Vision) however is still pain in the head.

On my normal dedicated FSX (Sandybridge O.C. to 4.8 and 580GTX) PC with all the bells & whizzles like UTX GEX and especially REX, DX9 mode is functional very well but...testing DX10 preview gave me less FPS and performance. I suspect REX in this case.

For testing I decided to make a clean FSX install on my regular all working day disk (same machine but different HD) and was amazed about the DX10 performance without any O.C. In 3d stereo mode however I have to use a workaround for flying in 3D Stereo mode and Fullscreen Only... but using the FSX menu and/or switching to windowed 2D mode while 3D is active is causing a CTD with a NVWGF2VM.DLL error. I tried different (clean installed) Nvidia driver versions from 290.XX to the latest 310.xx versions and all doing the same. Flying in 3D windowed mode is not possible so having a FSCopilot window active as a overlay on the 3D screen is impossible. Maybe someone can figure it out because Prepar3D was also useless for me with the same non-working 3D windowed mode. First I thought it was a DX10 problem but Prepar3D is DX9 only so I don't get it.

Keep up the good works and happy landings...