Sign in to follow this  
gillesdenice

Autobrake fonction not activate on T/O

Hello,

Today, i would test the autobrake action on take-off.

So i prepared the aircraft for a flight as usual, (FMC, MCP, OVH...) and of course i turn the autobrake switch to RTO position.

The corresponding amber light illuminated 2-3 seconds then extinguished.

I line up on rwy, pull throttles to 40% then press the TOGA button (hidden clickspot on MCP), V1 was at 132, so i wait to increase to 100-110 kts, then pull the throttles immediately to idle, but autobrake don't activate and i have to brake manually.

What is wrong with my procedure and in your sim is autobrake activating on take off.

Of course, my autobrake fonction is OK when landing.

Thanks

Gilles.

Works just fine for me.

You do have to be above 90 speed, which you stated you were, but you might have to hit F1 to get the throttle to idle depending on the calibration of your throttles. There's nothing wrong with the PMDG logic however. If your throttle is not calibrating correctly to idle then blame your throttle and/or FSX. Also, did you drop out of TO/GA when you pulled back the throttles? If you didn't then the throttles will have no effect... I'm assuming you did disengage TO/GA however.

Regards

Did you release the parking brakes by clicking them in the VC or by clicking the brake button on your joystick/keyboard? IIRC it says in the tutorial you have to release the parking brake thruogh the VC because otherwise the autobrake will disarm.

@Gray_Lensman : Hi Gray, how do u manage to drop out TO/GA during take-off ?

Do you click once again on the hidden click spot ?

@crazy voyager : yes i release by clicking on the real switch just left of the throttles. yes, i saw thet particularity in the tutorial

I will retry as soon as i know the way to drop out of TOGA.

gilles

@Gray_Lensman : Hi Gray, how do u manage to drop out TO/GA during take-off ?

Do you click once again on the hidden click spot ?

@crazy voyager : yes i release by clicking on the real switch just left of the throttles. yes, i saw thet particularity in the tutorial

I will retry as soon as i know the way to drop out of TOGA.

gilles

I actually flipped off the Autothrottle to disengage TOGA... I should have been more clear. Pressing the TOGA hidden click spot does not work. Intuitively, you have to get out of the automatic throttle control system mode before any FSX manual throttle control will have any effect. I'm guessing that on the real aircraft, pulling the throttles back would do this automatically, but it's probably an FSX limitation since our SIM throttles are not mechanically connected to a real aircraft.

It could be something to do with the autothrottle override options in the FMC menu. If you have it on "Never", you will need to disengage the A/T on the MCP, then retard the throttles and the autobrakes should come on.

If you change the setting to "Hold/Arm only" you can close the throttles using your hardware and the A/T will disconnect automatically and the autobrakes will function.

Hope this helps