Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanP

Meljet and PSS panel merges for 747 / 777

Let me start by saying, that I have spent some time looking for this info, and I am certain it is out there. I just have given up after 30 mins.Does anyone know which forum to look at or does anyone have instructions for a PSS panel merge with Meljet or POSKYs aircraft.The few I have found simply state that one will not support another. Which I understand, but it is still worth looking for.Also, with the masters out there, I am sure something like Lee Heatherington's PIC merge exist, just where to find??Thank you for the timeJ. Jason Vodnansky

Guest Marc Sykes

Dude, seriously? How much time? Because if you do an advanced search for "pss posky 747" or "pss posky 777" or "pss meljet 747" or "pss meljet 777" and set "search all forums" I personally guarantee you will find at least 5-10 long threads on any of these four. There has also been discussion at the POSKY forum, although POSKY doesn't really encourage it. Don't even try at the PSS forum.The short answer is that it is very possible (I'm doing it with the POSKY 747 right now), but there is no clear-cut, universally agreed-upon way to do it. So I'd recommend looking at the various solutions and doing as much tweaking as you need until it flies right for you. Some folks seem to do OK with aliasing the panel and sounds over, but I suspect they're not using all the FMS/autopilot functions; if you do that, you're going to need to change some stuff in the aircraft.cfg, most likely. But it all depends on which model you're merging.Hope this helps.Regards,Marc Sykes

Guest IanP

Hi folks...The 772 worked fine for me just aliasing over an aircraft, but the B744 was a different matter. My MelJet aircraft turned into a superheated rocket, climbing from a standing start to FL410 in one go, with max fuel, at 2000fpm+. Definately interesting, but not very realistic. ;-)As Marc says, there are several ways to get them working together. I'm still experimenting with my tricks, but I tend to be stubborn and insist on working things out for myself.Ian P.:-halo