Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

Statement on Roy Chaffin's website

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings forum!On Roy Chaffin's website at http://www.roychaffin.com/rcs-panels.html a statement is published regarding the position of RCS in the controversy with MAAM. I was especially happy to see that Roy has no objection at all to Bill Rambow publishing, here or anywhere else, whatever documents that could be considered a written agreement between MAAM and RCS.I'm looking forward to this agreement being made available to us by MAAM-SIM, so all speculations about its contents will die down, and peace and quiet will return in the flightsim community.Jaap Verduijn.

Guest fly4beer

Roy is a true gentleman!The other guys tried to make his allready done work useless.He found a legal way out of the scam, well done Roy!shame to the $ hungry folks, way too many of them currently in the hobby.face it, those kind of people ruined out world, they now ruin the internet and all kind of freeware scene, free knowlegde bases and so on......well,{sarcasm mode} vote for bush and close yer eyes!

>I'm looking forward to this agreement being made available to>us by MAAM-SIM, so all speculations about its contents will>die down, and peace and quiet will return in the flightsim>community.>I assume there is a "big grin" as you typed the above paragraph.. :)It's like I, and others have previously said................ a "messy divorce"! But at least I take the position that a lot of fine work went into both these models, and I'm keeping them BOTH!! Anyone that wouldn't, must not really care for B-25'sL.Adamson

Guest SoarPics

Why is this here? This is the FS2002 forum. Let's take the political stuff to the Hanger Chat forum.And to the poster who accused MAAM-SIM of being $ hungry... DUH!!! what part of this did you miss? The revenue generated from the sales of Briefing Time goes to the MAAM museum. For the maintenance and upgrade of their aircraft.DUH!!

Guest fly4beer

>And to the poster who accused MAAM-SIM of being $ hungry... DUH!!! what part of this did you miss? The revenue generated from the sales of Briefing Time goes to the MAAM museum. For the maintenance and upgrade of their aircraft.isn't this museum privatly owned?do you get yer engine sponsored too?

Guest bones

If you want the speculation to die down and peace and quiet return to the FS community you could have helped by not raising the topic in this forum yet again.For most of us it is a private matter between the two parties. Nothing written here by anyone else is going to enhance the good reputations of either. boneshttp://fsaviation.net

Guest RonB49

"isn't this museum privatly owned?"I don't know, is it? Anyone know? R-

Guest PaulL01

LoL!!! :-lolHey, can I get my PC sponsored? Anyone care to donate to Pauls museum of photorealistic textures of Upstate NY (Rochester)? Expenses thus far now near $50K! :( Please make your check out to:I'm having fun on evenings and weekends please support me or you my not be able to enjoy me enjoying myself any longer!:-lol

Guest fly4beer

:-lol :-lol :-lol

>shame to the $ hungry folks, way too many of them currently in>the hobby.>Can't agree with you there. I see a "few" $ hungry flight sim designers, but for the most part, the majority is extremely deserving for what they get. I should know, because generally my favorite aircraft are "payware". Same goes the the MAAM model, but I'm not complaining about Roy's version either. Love them both (models)!L.Adamson

Guest SoarPics

"do you get yer engine sponsored too?"No actually, I pay for my own. But then I don't own a B-25.And if you have problems with offering a few bucks to preserve a classic, maybe you're in the wrong hobby.Reagrds,

Guest phil

Yer know, love of money isn't always the motivating "love" of people's lives.phil

A classic what ? B-25 ? It is supposed to be my responsibility ? LOLMaybe you didn't say just that but it was implied. I have a classic, it's a Chevrolet, but I don't hear your coins clinkin' in my pocket do I, nor would I ask, ever. I understand that maintaining an aircraft such as Briefing Time requires a certain substantial amount of resources, but, in my opinion, if Rambow can't afford it(among others, not good with names) THEN STOP FLYING THE DAMN THING AROUND !!!General Mitchell was actually a member of my own kin, so for me the B-25 is special, but not so special that I feel I should have to pay someone else's way to fly her around. Sorry, just don't agree.

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings Greg!"(...) Why is this here? This is the FS2002 forum. Let's take the political stuff to the Hanger Chat forum (...)"It's there too, but for some reason just about everybody (including yourself) prefers to react "here", and not "there".Jaap Verduijn.

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings Bones!"(...) For most of us it is a private matter between the two parties (...)"It is, or rather WAS. Until AVSIM posted the MAAM statement on the front page, and began opening threads on the matter all over the place. "(...) Nothing written here by anyone else is going to enhance the good reputations of either (...)'Again we agree, Bones. The animosities have risen too high. What I consider important though, is that Roy Chaffin's statement gives Bill Rambow full permission to finally publish the by now famous "written agreement" Bill has in his possession, but that he couldn't publish because, as he repeatedly made clear to us, he needed Roy Chaffin's permission to do so. This permission has now publicly been given, so Bill can now freely publish the agreement here in order for us to finally see what it is all about, in other words WHAT EXACT terms of agreement Roy has, or has not, broken.Be well!Jaap Verduijn.