Sign in to follow this  
sueede

SquawkBox Debug error shuts FSX down in Windows 8

Hope you're having a nice Saturday.

And maybe there should be an SB discussion group? This is what happens in FSX och Windows 8 when I connect with SqauwkBox4 to VATSIM:

I get an info frame with the message

Debug Error!

Program C:\- libraries\Microsoft Flight Simulator\FSX.exe

Module: C:\_libraries\SquawkBox4\sbmod10.dll

File:

Run-Time Check Failure #3 - The variable 'pos Y' is being used without being initialized.

(Press Retry to debug the application.)

I press Retry ang get

Fatal error. MSFS restarts.

I never had this happen during my XP and FSX years.

I bet there is a lot of you that know what this means, but I am at a totall loss. I don't very much look forward to deinstall every item and go through them one by one. I have mead clean reinstalls of both Win8 and FSX.

Hoping.

Regards.

Tommy Engman

It appears that nobody else but me has had these errors or crashes in connection with FSX, SquawkBox and Windows 8.

After I have tried one solution in two different settings/geographical circumstances I at least can conclude that a FS9 aircraft addon that has been nice to fly in FSX and WindowsXP shuts down FSX in Windows 8 when connected to SquawkBox4. This has also happened before connection once during my experiments. XP settings for FSX does not help.

Why this has to happen remains to learn, considering how many sceneries and aircraft addons that have survived transition from FS2002 to FSX with some adjustments.

Thanks for reading this post!

Tommy

Tommy Engman