Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Unacceptable performance from default 737 A/T

Just ran into another problem in FS9.

I purchased the Overland Boeing package a few days ago because I wanted some more "lite" aircrafts in my collection.

I tried it out and the autothrottle was horrible. It's having problems getting to my selected speed.

Let's say after my initial climb 7000, I activate a/t for 250 knots and in order to achieve this, 80% N1 is required (just an example).

What happens is the N1 needle would move up to 90%, then drop to 65%, then up to 90 again and down to 65 and so on. Even when I'm not looking at the N1 indicators, I can clearly hear the engines constantly spool up and down.

The reason I wrote default 737 on the title is because I'm pretty sure the Overland 737 uses the same configuration settings as the default plane. I tested it with the default 737 and the autothrottle behave exactly the same as the Overland.

I haven't found any solutions from my research. So far I found one thing that helps but not 100%. What I did was go into the aircraft.cfg for the Overland model and changed fuel_flow_rate=0.002 to fuel_flow_rate=0.1. After that, I did a test and the problem only occured once during descent. It was having problems keeping N1 stable while maintaining 230 knots. But this time the changes in N1 fluctuations is much smaller. Probably a few % up and downs. I can still hear the engines spooling up and down but at a much faster rate.

Is there a way to solve this issue?

Hmmm.... I took off a few more times after changing the fuel flow gain back to 0.002 and the problem doesn't seem as bad this time. In fact, it's behaving a lot better than before.

I guess I'll have to blame it on some weird weather turbulence for the odd behavior I experienced on my first post.

Even though it's running much better now, I notice that when I'm at 5000ft going 250knots, N1 would fluctuate as much as 9%. So N1 would keep fluctuating up and down between 60% and 69%, for example. Is this normal for the default 737 performance? I'm running Active Sky Evolution if that makes a difference.

I had the same problem although I'm using Active Sky 6. I ended up turning off all winds around the aircraft and it solved my problem. Not very realistic I know but it worked for me.