Sign in to follow this  
crashdriver

Instrument Lighting in 182RG

Well I have no screen shots but I will make some when I get the chance. The light maps are modded to get rid of the old lights for the default radios and autopilot. As for the cabin light fix, just go back to the default light use the following:

[lights]

//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing

light.0 = 3, -3.05, -18.11, 2.9, fx_navredcarencrg

light.1 = 3, -3.05, 18.11, 2.9, fx_navgrecarencrg

light.2 = 10, -3.0, 0.0, 1.3, fx_vclightcar

light.3 = 1,-20.42, 0, 6.63, fx_beaconcarencrg

light.4 = 2, -3.37, -18.14, 2.88, fx_strobecarencrg

light.5 = 2, -3.37, 18.14, 2.88, fx_strobecarencrg

light.6 = 3,-20.37, 0, 1.46, fx_navwhicarencrg

Use "shift+F12" to turn the cabin lights on/off after applying the Standard.XML enty. The Standard.XML file is located in c:\Users\yourprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls.

Ok this part I got. I use FSUIPC to assign key commands and stuff like that so I guess editing the .xml file isn't necessary. I'm also running FS9 and I don't see it there. I have "/Aircraft" "/Scenery Cache" and "/Facilities" folders but no "/Controls."

The issue that I still have is that when I send the "Panel light toggle" command nothing happens because there is no panel light assigned. I'm trying to link the instrument lights to the panel light toggle command instead of the landing light toggle command like it came when Carenado created the airplane.

LIsten, it would have helped if you would have mentioned in your original post that you were using FS9. This fix is for FSX. Sorry, I can't help you further.