Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mattdiem

3 monitors surround and 4th for dash panel

I want to run 3 monitors for main display and a 4th monitor for instruments. I've seen this mentioned many times, but usually in reference to some sort of problem, and I'm still not sure what way to go. I'm just now preparing to purchase the parts for a new computer, so I'm open to suggestion. I was going to get:

3770K oc'd

Corsair H100i

Asus Z877-V Pro

Evga GTX 680 2G

Running: FSX Gold w/ acceleration

I know the gtx 680 will do 3 and the 4th monitor as an accessory screen, but not exactly sure what its limitations are. Can this be used in FSX for the gauges? If no, what would you suggest. A second video card? Some kind of splitter on one of the 680's outputs? I've been trying to stick to intel and nvidia as well as one vid card for FSX's sake, but maybe for things like instrument it's not a factor?

It'll work. I have the same setup with a 680. In full screen mode the 4th monitor will go black but you can drag panels and windows to it.

Shaun Ortolano
TronAviation.com

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

17%
    $4,475.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now