Sign in to follow this  
lateagain

New Goodwood Screenshots

Checking release updates at the official site this morning I noticed some new screenshots by Ian Emms for Goodwood.

Now I know that FTX are very proud of their new 3D grass but........

If you look at photographs of the real airport, as I suspected, Goodwood seems to have a set of fully functioning mowers! :lol:

Indeed I can't imagine many UK fields as busy as Goodwood tolerating the "Nature Garden" look that they seem to have gone for. Grass seeds don't half bugger up air intake filters! :rolleyes: I never visited a UK field in my years flying that wasn't well mowed.

Seems also reading through this that the delay is down to a copyright issue with some signs or trademarks at the real airfield? Just don't get this silliness from companies. Virtual recreations of their facilities and or trade marks in simulators is like FREE advertising and yet the lawyers persue it as if it were real world competition or worse :rolleyes: . Happened a few times in Train Simming too.

JV admits this should have been sorted first, but frankly it seems a pretty silly argument when the virtual model is to such a high standard? After all if they renamed it "Notgood" :lol: and changed all the signs folk would still buy the airfield and the real company would just lose face?

Whilst you're sorting this one out guys ....lose the grass?

Geoff

Geoff Brown