Sign in to follow this  
haztronic

New monitor and nvidia gpu problem

Hello everyone,

I am in serious need of some help. I just got my new asus VK278Q monitor and set it up using a DVI cable. Everything worked correctly, it booted it up fine and I am getting crystal clear images. However I have a problem with the video card. Whenever I try and load up the nvidia control panel this message pops up

nvid_zps1287a11e.png

I don't get it though. Everything worked perfectly well with my old hdtv monitor except i used a hdmi cable with that and now i am using a dvi cable. My FSX won't even pick it up when I go into the FSX settings, i am getting the rigid textures instead of smooth lines which I normally get with my inspector settings. I'd love to get some input because I know that my gpu works fine, my computer picks it up and when I go into nvidia inspector it says that I am using a GTX580 which is correct so I just don't understand what this problem is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could I have maybe done a newb move and put the other end of the dvi cable into the wrong slot in my desktop? But it seems to fit fine.

Don't you have two GPUs in your system? I mean your GTX580 and GPU integrated with CPU. Maybe you connected DVI cable to bad connector (integrated GPU instead GTX580). Second idea is you may have damaged cable.