Sign in to follow this  
bussgarfield

New OC CDU but now EFIS and MCP not working

Hi all.

I see that quite a few of you have aquired the OC CDU v3 and have it up and running.

Prior to buying the OC CDU, I was flying successfully with the OC EFIS and MCP but having to use the mouse for the CDU. Now, I have downloaded Roark's software for the combined CDU,EFIS and MCP. The CDU works fine and I am amazed how good it is but, the EFIS now wont work at all and the MCP has only some digits illuminating and the twisting of knobs and pushing of buttons seem to activate different buttons and knobs within the NGX.

In sioc monitor,the buttons and knobs seem to be ok.

Has anyone else had similar issues and can anyone shed some light on how to resolve this matter ?

Hello it might be a combine error. Did you use the sioc to combine 2 or 3 different txt to get .ssi file.

if yes i dont reccomend this. you can copy the cdu codes from txt and paste to the efis-mcp one. But you will need to check then any Var number shouldnt mach. You may need to change the all vars again. Maybe it will take 1 hour but it will work

Hello bahotolga. The software from Roark comes with a self install and unlike the previous software for the MCP and EFIS, appears not to use FSUIPC as there are no lua files. The .ssi file is indeed a combined file incorporating all three units.

Thank you for your suggestion and I will save all neccessary files and then try again.

Just for my information, when building a new .ssi file, if there are conflicting Var numbers, do I have to manually change them or is this done automatically.

Yesterday, I removed the new software and reinstalled the lua files into FSUIPC and the MCP and EFIS worked fine - but of course I had no operative CDU.

Thanks again and I will let you know how I get on.

My issue has been rectified. A big thank you to Roar for his excellent service.

He checked over my files and I had the wrong .ssi script in SIOC and the wrong .ssi reference in sioc.ini.

So simple if you know what to look for - I didn't but I shall in the future.