Sign in to follow this  
S Foster

Flap Extension / Retraction Schedule.

Hi,I was wondering if anyone could possibly help me with information on flap extension / retraction schedules in relation to VRef.I know that, for example, a Boeing 767-300ER has the following flap retraction schedule:Flap 15 to 5 - VRef+40Flap 5 to 1 - VRef+60Flap 1 to 0 - VREf+80and I also know how the reverse works for calculating flap speeds for landing.Can anybody please supply me with this information for the following aircraft:BAe 146-200Boeing 717-200Boeing 757-200Boeing 767-200ERBoeing 777-300Dash 8MD82I would be very grateful for any help on this as I have searched the web and just cannot find it, but I guess it has to be out there somewhere.Many thanks,Steve.

Guest Motormouse

This may not be EXACTLY what you are after, I'll explain later, but here's some Dhc-8 and Bae 146 figures I found:Dhc-8 Flaps Limiting Speeds, VfeFlaps 5 163 ktsFlaps 10 154 ktsFlaps 15 150 ktsFlaps 35 138 ktsBae 146-200 Flaps Limiting Speeds ,VfeFlaps 18 210 ktsFlaps 18 (Lo Speed Hold) 175 ktsFlaps 24 180 ktsFlaps 30 170 ktsFlaps 33 145 ktsNow to explain further,Dhc-8 Flap retraction after t/o should be before 165 kts, but after 150 kts or airspeed V2 (Single engine failed safety speed), normal t/o is flaps 10 setting.V2 is a function of aircraft t/o weight,and atmosphere pressure,density and ambient temp.Bae 146, flaps retract at V2+10, flaps 18, V2+20 flaps 24, and V2+30 flaps 30Thats all I could find out, hope it helps:-wavePete