Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

FSNav sluggish in full screen transfer

HiI usually fly in a window but just noticed that when flying full screen FSNav takes 2 to 3 seconds to revert to FS image 0n f9 press whereas in windowed mode it is instantaneuos, is this normal?Thanksken ellis

Guest allcott

Yes, it depends on the level of anti-aliasing chosen. It is also more noticeable with some drivers than others - you are using an Nvidia card?Allcott

HelloThanx for the reply, it sent me on a 2 day saga searching for answers, you are correct in your view that AA level influences the magnitude of the hesitancy, but this is only quite minimal. I eventually had to re-install fs9 before the problem was solved. Strange since fs was working perfectly in all aspects save fsnav/fullscreen.Regardsken ellis

Guest LLgaz

I have the same problem, and its the only reason why I don't use FS9 in full screen mode. I refuse to give up FSNav, and I refuse to give up 2XAA. :)How did you solve the problem? Re-installing FS9 wouldn't work for me.

My findings are that 2xAA are a complete no-no with FSNav, however if you go to 4xAA FSNav will load at the same speed as if no AA is set, haven't a clue why that should be.