Sign in to follow this  
Freaknout

Beeping!

Ok. I'm going to look like a complete noob here but I have a very annoying beeping in the cockpit. Sounds like morse code and repeats every 10 seconds or so. It's just started, which is weird, and I guess it's a signal from something. What have I pressed by accident and how do I get rid of it!

Many thanks!

JJ

Jason Jackett

I think you have tuned in a VOR and have the sound up for that radio beacon and are hearing its morse code identifier. I am not sure what aircraft you are flying but look around the cockpit and find the row of small radio volume buttons and just turn down the volume. That should fix it.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hi Mark

Many thanks.

Yes I'd just figured it out before coming back to check here. I've recently purchased ezdok and mapped control-1 and control-2 to specific views, which as you point out put the VOR ident on/off. Operator error!

Thanks again.

JJ

Jason Jackett

Make sure, (before you install ezdok) you delete all the "radio" key assignments on your FSX setting. To do that, go to setting, button/keys, on the even category scroll down to "radios" and you can see such as ADF(select), ADF1, etc.....evey one of them, you have to click "delete key assignment" even there are not assign yet. Once finish click ok. Then you can install your Ezdok.