Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ansaeem6001

MD-11 Livery issue

Hello Everybody,

here is the issue i have been having with PMDG MD-11. When i download the plane, it downloads fine. i can run FSX and select it and everything. However if i download a livery from the PMDG website, it deletes the main FSX texture folder, and i also don't see PMDG MD-11 in the FSX/Simobject directory. I had to uninstall PMDG MD-11 and repair FSX to at least get it back to working. I tried installing it again and gave me the same issue. not sure whats going on. if someone can help me with this issue, i will really appreciate it.

thanks

Aqil Naseem

This sounds like a registry issue to me. The MD-11 installer should by default search for the install location of the MD-11. Also it shouldn't ever be deleting a texture folder. Livery installation should only install a new folder in the MD-11 folder in the /simobjects/airplanes and also modify the aircraft.cfg to add the new paint.

There are a couple of things that commonly cause random errors:

1. Hacked un-licensed product (may not be you, but others read this forum also)

2. You do not have administrative rights to the FSX install folder or Windows, thus some of the installers instructions are getting blocked.

3. You have a damaged FSX installation or config files.

The best way to fix problem 2 & 3 and ensure that you don't run into these issues later is to uninstall FSX, ensure you have administrative rights, re-install FSX in a location that IS NOT in the "Program Files" folder. Windows puts a lot more protection on the Program Files folder that can cause problems.

Branton Turner

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

39%
    $9,915.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now