Sign in to follow this  
charlymorton

One click hangar

I'm currently developing a one click hangar tool for SketchUp, to hopefully make it easier to for people to create their own airport sceneries. All development releases are released on the FS Developer forum (link to thread: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424466)

The tool is updated more or less daily, and sometimes twice a day, and you're currently allowed to develop your own versions based on the source code, although I do want credit for the original version if you decide to do so, and you're not allowed to charge any money for it.

I've attached a few screenshots of hangars.

If you need any support, please post your queries here or in the thread on the FS Developer forum.

Features

- Six different hangar types, easily customisable (Standard, T-hangar, arched, hangar row, T-hangar row, Double nested T-hangar row).

- Four different dour types (Sliding doors, encased sliding doors, bi-folding doors, hydraulic swing door), and doors can be changed after hangar has been created.

- Easy hangar placement by drawing hangar outline.

- Hangars can be imported and automatically created for a whole airport by exporting parking spots in Aircraft Design Editor.

- Automated geolocation of hangars.

- Automated export of model to .kmz or .dae format.

- Extensions, a flexible and powerful tool to create custom hangars.

- Add your own textures. You can use your own textures instead of the default textures.

Welcome to Avsim, first post! Been following this over at FSDev and like the looks of it. Haven't tried it out, yet, but will further down the road. Looks like a useful tool and will help populating a whole bunch of GA airports. Thanks for the time and effort developing it.

Thanks, I'm too hoping for a flurry of GA airports as a result of this tool.

I actually decided to create this tool after designing my nth GA airport and being frustrated by the amount of work that went into creating the hangars, even though the weren't very detailed or textured. The amount of work that I put into creating a basic, untextured version Aero Country Airport in McKinney, TX, which has probably more than 100 hangars, is unbelievable and now I would be able design the same airport with a lot more detail, in a fraction of the time.