Sign in to follow this  
Shermann

Lateral navigation problem

Hi Guys !

Lately i had a flight from EFHK to KJFK and i noticed that on the ND near the route magenta line i had a L 20.2 so it means i was offset of 20 NM on the left. I had some wind coming from right and i was in NAV mode. I the HDG mode to be back on course then at 1.2 NM to the right course i pressed NAV again but for an odd reason instead of tracking the the route the plane started t roll on left and alligned 3.5 NM on the left of the route I was not able to allign the plane on the route i flew all the time 3-4 nm offset. Now my question is flying in nav mode shouldnt the plane compensate the wind as well keeping the plane on route? IF so what can be wrong? 

Thanks 

is that something that only happened on that one flight?

do you use a weather add on?

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

hi ! Actually i didnt noticed it in other flights as i didnt pay attention. I use As2012 :

Thanks 

can you duplicate this?

also, do you have the AS2012 SP2 installed?

I have and on my first flight after SP2 installation I noticed some strange temperatures climbing out of KPHX the other day (too hot and also not even near the real world forecast). makes me wonder if they created some problems along with the improvements? could be that you experience something related to SP2? just a very wild guess here...

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

well i suppose there is something with SP2 as well as since i installed it i have always strange informations. Like for example the same flight from Helsinki to New york an average cruise wind at 37000 feet of 2 knots. Always have strange very low wind at high altitudes.where ever i fly from europe to asia. Last flight From WSSS to VTCC avrage speed given by AS at 350 was 9 knots.

huh I did not notice that. but I only did a quick 50 minute hop to LAX.

I guess i'll compare winds aloft with the real deal on my next flight.

might be a good idea to check over at the AS forum to see if people are having SP2 problems.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

I am having the same issues with the MD11X and 744X (but not the 737 NGX). The aircraft flies to the right of navtrack - as much as 20nm on longhaul - this happens with both AS2012 and FSX real world weather.