Sign in to follow this  
pipsara

Tower not seeing my gear down

Hi, I have an issue when trying to use a vectored approach and land to any of the ILS runways at KPDX, I suspect elsewhere too.

I get the plane which is an IFLY737-800 all set up for the landing but everytime get told to go around by the controller as he thinks my gear is not down , but it is down well before the message and three green lights showing. Any Ideas whats going wrong?

Regards Mike

Be sure you have a current version of FSUIPC. Be sure you have acked all RC communications in time which if not can block timely detection of location and aircraft status. Be sure makerwys.exe is current and you have run it correctly from the RC scenery database rebuild.

Then try the same landing with a default 737 at another airport, preferable a default. It can be an aircraft or scenery problem.

You also can submit a log as described at the pinned topic at the forum top. It would be convenient to do just a relatively short flight (say 100 nm) to keep the log relatively short.

Thanks for your help.

I updated my FSUIPC and did a repeat of the flight into KPDX, making sure my radio responses were a bit quicker. I got a perfect vectored approach and landed with no Go Around instruction.

I created the log but wont send anything as there were no errors.

Once again, many thanks for the guidance.

Regards Mike