Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone. I just dropped a bundle on some Saitek equipment and nothing works (sort of). What I mean is that individually everything works fine, but when I try them all together everything gets glitchy. I.e. throttles change the view, AP switches on and off IAS just goes to red line and plane falls out of the sky, rudders disengage the yoke and so on and so on.

I am not a hard core sim pilot but just thought I would add some realism to my hobby. I cannot for the life of me figure this out as I thought that they would all work together out of the box.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to program all of these units as I am about to give up and throw it all on e-bay. 

My units are:

Pro flight yoke

Pro flight rudder pedals

2-Pro flight throttle quadrants

Pro flight multi panel

Pro flight switch panel

Side note: I am also using touch Pilot.

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Jim

Sounds like your pulling too much power from your USB sockets.

The yoke and pedals are fine, I think you will find if you plug in ONLY the yoke/pedals, they will work properly, its when you start plugging in the power draining items like the panels that things start going pear shaped as the amp drain on the USB system increases a LOT...

Try just the yoke/pedals on their own...

If all is fine, then plug in only the switch panel, if it goes pear shaped, you know your USB system doesnt have enough juice, if it works fine, then try the multi panel, and repeat.

I had to get 2 powered USB hubs to run all my kit, each hub @ 4 amps (7 ports)

I have the yoke, pedals, switch panel, backlit info panel, radio panel, multi panel and 6 flight info gauges (12 USB's in total) and learned this all the hard way just like you are..

When you do get a USB powered hub, make sure its at least 500mAh per-port, as some will say 6 ports, 3 amps, but are NOT 500mAh per-port, and will stil cause you problems like I had, so when I swapped out the USB hubs for 2 Belkin slim hubs, all worked perfectly.

You really need to watch out with this problem! This is a known problem with the Pro Flight yoke and if you keep doing this it will short-circuit without warning. Luckily I managed to get a replacement under warranty but I wouldn't take any risks if I were you! Either get the power adapter or buy the Cessna Yoke (works better with more devices hooked up).

Arjen, It will NOT short circuit. Sounds like you dont even know what a short circuit is...

All it will keep doing is stop working because there is not enough power to run it.

What your saying is, if something doesnt have enough power, repeatedly, eventually it will short circuit...

It wont. It just wont work properly. Its not like other items where it will just pull the current it needs and burn out the wiring, it cant, it will either work with what its supplied, or it will not work correctly.

It wont go off completely, but it will start acting very weird and become intermittent.

Arjen:

Where is it listed that short circuiting is a known problem for Saitek pro-flight yokes?

I'd like to read up on that and see if I can do anything to prevent my 2 yokes from doing it..