Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RBNT

Same Barometric Pressure Everywhere

Everytime I use Opus FSX the barometric pressure is always 3003 at every airport throughout the worl and never changes?

Just wondering why this should be?

Thanks.

You most likely have either Use Maximium Stabilisation set with Adjust Settings Automatically, or have set Include Pressure/Temperature Stabilisation. This means that the injected pressures will be stabilised or static throughout the injected weather region until the LWE is able to recover the real surface pressures. Recovery is attempted automatically after you descend below the Recovery Altitude. The LWE will recover the surface pressures 4mb at a time if they differ greatly from the stabilised value.

If you do not want to include pressure stabilisation, only advised for those systems that experience problematic wind shifts, then just disable the above options. We advise you set Adjust Settings Automatically with Adjust Sim Friendly GRIB Data options, just don't forget to specify your intended Max Cruise Altitude.

Stephen

If you set your options manually and just fly low level VFR then just set all defaults. If you use the automatic settings then do not include max stabilisation and set your cruise altitude to something less that 6000 feet.

You will also find an option for Automatic Stabilisation which you can leave ticked as this will activate everything automatically should you climb above RA + 500 feet.

Stephen

Thanks sincerely for your rapid help Stephen.

I will set everything to defaults. It's my own fault this is happening I am sure lol!

Larry

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,710.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now