Sign in to follow this  
lucagigli

Irs: how to reset last pos?

I need to start a new flight from a presaved flight (because of window settings of an external Fmc), so the "last pos" in Fmc is different from the actual position and often, in a default airport, Airac don't match the position of the gate number or isn't in the database, so I've a problem to align Irs, because I can't use the airport coordinates and the only way is to write down and copy the current coordinates from the FsX map.

There's a way to force "last pos" in Fmc to shows the actual coordinates?

Thank you

Luca

Italy

Thank you, it's another way to avoid problem. I hope there's something to solve my question. Thank you again

EDIT: The 'Edit' function has just screwed up this post:

<p>A few paragraphs gathered from those <em>precision manuals</em> (<span style="color: #0000cd">accentuation </span>is mine). First paragraph is the answer to your question. Third paragraph is still quicker than looking up the FSX map or copying coordinates from double "Shift+Z":<br />
<br />
"IRS Options: The <span style="color: #0000cd">IRS Options sub menu </span>provides you with<br />
some options to customize the way the Inertial Reference<br />
System operates within the simulator. You can choose the<br />
length of time it should take for the IRS to align and <span style="color: #0000cd">whether or<br />
not the IRS will retain the last known memory position of the<br />
airplane</span> at the time it was powered down."<br />
<br />
"The POS INIT page is used during a cold and dark start for<br />
aligning the inertial reference system (IRS) gyros. When loading<br />
from Free Flight as we’ve done in this tutorial, the IRS is already<br />
aligned, so this page doesn’t actually have any real function."<br />
<br />
"Notice the <span style="color: #0000cd">ENTER IRS POSITION </span>message in the scratchpad. We now<br />
need to give the IRSes our current position to align on. There are<br />
several <span style="color: #0000cd">acceptable ways of doing this </span>including using the airport’s<br />
center coordinates from this page, <span style="color: #0000cd">the airplane’s current GPS<br />
coordinates</span> and getting the gate’s coordinates from the airport’s charts<br />
and typing them in manually. In this instance we’ll use the GPS position<br />
as it’s more accurate than using the center of the airport."</p>

Edited by olli4740