Sign in to follow this  
Guest MattThomas

OBS needle moves 10 degrees at a time

Guest MattThomas

I can't get the accuracy I need when I set the OBS or the Heading Indicator or the rotating ADF card. When I try to adjust by clicking on the knob, the needle clicks 10 degrees at a time. I need better accuracy for tracking VOR radials and doing ILS approaches.I've tried the correct keyboard commands for "slight adjustment" but it does the same thing.Help is appreciated. Thanks.Matt Thomas

Guest Melvin

Hi Matt,This sounds like FSUIPC module is missing in your FS9 modules folder.As far as I know, in order to solve this problem you have to install a registered version of this module and check "Fix control acceleration" in the technical section.I think that this feature is only available with a registered version. You can ask for further informations by going to simflight's forum where M.Dowson's forum is located. Hope this helpsKind regardsVincent

Guest Arlei

Right.FSUIPC solves your problem, but it works only with a registered copy.

Hi Matt;If you have a scroll wheel on your mouse you might try movingthe cursor to the adjustment knob of choice. When the arrowturns into a hand you should be able to make incremental adjustmentsby moving the scroll wheel one click at a time. Or did I miss the question?DN

Guest flup

I had the same in a CRJ cockpit. The problem was solved in this cockpit by removing the upper panel (shift-4 or something like that).Try it,Bye,Bol from Holland

Guest Herrie

I had this problem with my PSS Dash 8. The PSS Helpdesk (John) also thought that I needed a registered fsuipc but suggested to try this first:reinstall the unregistered version of fsuipc(only the dll file, delete the ini file)and delete the fs9.cfg file (FS2004 creates a new one on reboot). And that did the trick. No idea how and why though.Herrie

Guest Mike707

I had the same thing happen to me. Fortunately, it just went away. Unfortunately, I do not know why it went away, therefore I don't have an answer for you.

Guest MattThomas

Thanks to everyone's suggestions!!Can I just uninstall FSUIPC? I was never able to use all those things that make the voice communication possible, so I don't think I even need FSUIPC any more. Then, I'll delete the fs9.cfg and reboot.If all else fails, can I fix this problem by re-installing FS9 ?Thanks a bunch!!Matt