Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

A few rmarks from a temporary digression...

Last weekend I decided to uninstall P3D and install back FSX Gold. I didn't want to have both installed at the same time, so I preferred to do it that way.

Why?

1) Because I found an incompatibility between P3D and CumulusX!, the first incompatibility I ever had between a former FSX add-on and the LM simulator, and I really like CumulusX! and was missing it...

2) Because I kept reading comments about users getting better FPS overall with FSX than P3D, and wanted to check it myself...

Well, first of... I came back to P3D running :-)

Why?

1) Well, CumulusX! will have to wait for a P3d-compatible version...

2) Yes, under some circumstances I can see higher FPS in FSX Gold, but it's also true that:

- I can never get the same "crispiness" of the instruments and scenery no matter what combination of graphic settings I use between FSX.CFG and NVidia Inspector.

Even at lower, less demanding in terms of GPU, settings of NI, I get a much better/ softer view in P3d than what I can get with much higher settings in FSX!

- I got a CTD running the AXE v1.10, while programming the CDU, and reproducing last night the same situation with P3d, it was falwless...

- Until someone can prove me wrong, formally :-), I do feel that although it may not make much sense, aircraft behaviour (aerodynamics-wise) in P3D is different and more accurate / correct than what I get in FSX.

As an example I can include the way the 737 NGX behaves under engine failures on various flight configurations and stages, with the asymmetry effects being more evident in P3d than in FSX Gold (same situations), even the way an aircraft like A2A's p51d Civil behaves regarding "slipstream" effects, modelled in ESP through p-factor, but giving a more effective / credible sensation of being simulated than in FSX...

Weather is yet another significative difference between the way each simulator depicts, graphically speaking but also in terms of the effects (turbulence, shear, etc...) different weather scenarios. I definitely prefer P3d's way :-)

So, P3d, even if I know I wont be able to use CumulusX!, definitely stays for good!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Uninstaller since July 2012 when MS canceled MS FLIGHT... (will never thrust them for flightims again...)