Sign in to follow this  
Guest _patrol_

How can I remove some of the "new" FS9.1 bridges?

Guest EdrickV

ExcBuilder needs 2 other things installed in order to successfully create a BGL:1. FS2004 BGLComp SDK2. MSXML4The first you probably already have. The second is needed for bglcomp to compile an .xml file into a .bgl file. Go to Microsoft's website and search for msxml4, you should see a link saying something like "download msxlm 4.0 (service pack 2)" Go there and grab the first file of the four that it lists. (It's the 5 meg .msi file.) If you have WinXP, you can just run that file and it'll install msxml4. If you have an older version of Windows (Me, 98, etc.) then you might need to download and install Windows Installer 2.0. After that you save the .xml source file and it will run bglcomp for you making a .bgl file that is stored in the same spot as the .xml file was."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest _patrol_

Didn't that "broken" bridge get broken in the movie "True Lies"? Oh, that was only a movie. Never mind.David

Guest wathomas777

I just drove down to key west last week, and you are correct.The "broken" bridge is the old 7 mile bridge. It is still standing, and a good portion of it is used as a fishing pier. There is a large section missing from it.The "new" 7 mile bridge is in fact much closer than Microsoft shows it to be, but other than that, they are pretty close.Now if Microsoft had only bothered to fix the Lake Ponchatrain Causeway which has been mistakenly placed 20+ miles north of it's actual postion. The south part of the bridge is sitting pretty near the north shore of Lake Ponchatrain. It be great to know how to fix that anomoly.

Guest nigelb

Thanks Joe and Edrick! I found the FS2002 scenery for the Oresund bridge (thanks to google) and installed it and then followed your procedure to exclude the MS version using ExcBuilder.It worked like a charm and now when flying into Kastrup, I don't need to worry those poor car drivers wetting their pants as I fly over them on the MS bridge - the drivers are now safely in the new tunnel! Looks like Malmo got a new Helipad as well. Thanks again.