Sign in to follow this  
Not_Boeing_Not_Going

Do you use this software ( Tile Proxy) ?

It's been a few years since I've used it.  From what I remember, some of the source imagery sites were cracking down and it was becoming harder and harder for you to find decent imagery.  I also remember that you couldn't fly anything over about 120 knots or the loading of the tiles couldn't keep up and before you knew it you'd be looking at nothing but blurry blobs.  The setup was pretty convoluted and would require multiple fsx.cfg's for running with or without it.  Things may have changed over the past 3 or 4 years, but I'll stick with the various freeware and payware photoscenery packages out there.

I was lucky enough to buy Photoreal USA by Sim-Savvy that covers the whole US, but without watermasks or night textures.  Last I heard, Larry, the developer of Sim-Savvy has moved on to work with MegaScenery Earth in their current development, so I don't think you can get this anymore.  There are a ton of freeware offerings, most notably Blue Sky Scenery: http://www.blueskyscenery.com/.  The quality of the textures is about on par with tileproxy but without continually having to load them via your internet connection.

If you want really high-quality photo scenery, MegaScenery Earth is the way to go, although I think their price tag is way too steep.  You'd probably have to limit your purchases to just the areas that you fly to most.