Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Strange CTD!

Hi guys,I'm having a strange problem in my FS9.Specifically at south of Spain, between Valencia and Malaga, I'm having trouble, because quite often, I have CTD as soon I open the map view, or the detailed maped flightplan, when I'm creating or editing one!!Flying over the region is no problem! I flew yesterday from Barcelona to Almeria twice, but the first time was interrupted when I opened the map view! Second time, I went VFR without making a flightplan, and was just great! However, another time, when I was at Valencia creating a flightplan, as soon I had "find Route" and get the map view of it, CTD!!On another regions this is not happening! Do you think its a AFD file? Or something from any scenery addon?Recently I installed Simwings Almeria and Jerez, and I have for some time, Alicante, Malaga, valencia and Barcelona.I'm runing FS9 patched, CD on drive and some mesh for Spain.Thanks for any clue.CheersMiguel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You can check if it is an addon scenery problem if the addon scenery is in their own folders within the flight simulator. Start the flight simulator, select settings, Scenery Library, and deselect any scenery above the Addon Scenery folder, OK, Exit the flight simulator. Restart the flight simulator to the area of the problem.To accomplish this same test with addon scenery in the Addon SceneryScenery folder, make a copy of the Addon Scenery folder and place the copy outside of the flight simulator folders. Next open the Addon SceneryScenery folder and delete the files, open the Addon SceneryTexture folder and delete the files. Restart the flight simulator to the area of the problem.To make it easier to get to the problem area, start the flight simulator to the area of the problem, select Flights, Save Flight, and save the flight. You can start the flight simulator from this flight for testing purposes by selecting this flight from the Select a flight menu.If the above doesn't correct your problem, copy the saved copy of the Addon Scenery folder back into the Addon Scenery folder within the flight simulator. It should replace all the files contained in the original Addon SceneryScenery and Texture folders.W. Sieffert

Hey thanks,I'll give a try. In my Addon Scenery, I only have the AF2 files. All the Addon sceneries I have are on theire own folder. Since I noticed this problem after install the Simwings Almeria and Jerez, I suppose something could be related. However no one else had the problem, for what I see on the forums.The strange is that is not flying over the place! Yesterday I was on Almeria coming from Valencia, with no problem. Than gone to Faro, and no problem. The problem is only when opening the map view!!! I don't get it!Thanks again.Miguel

Open the GPS and press the Terr button. Do you get the same problem?If so, I would look at updating the motherboard controller chip drivers, i.e., Intel, VIA, SiS, AMD, ALi, NForce. Next try different graphics drivers. Run the directx diagnostic, press Start, Run..., type dxdiag, OK. Let the diagnostic stabilize, ensure you are using DirectX9.0b or 9.0c. Select the Display tab, ensure DirectDraw, Direct3D, and AGP accelerations are enabled. If grayed-out, install or reinstall the MOBO controller chip drivers. Run the DirectDraw and Direct3D tests and note any errors.W. Sieffert