Sign in to follow this  
totof44

Excessive Gforce with PMDG 747 on VAFS5

Hello,

On my virtual airline, we use VAFS5. Unfortunetly, during the climb or crz phase, i have the "Excessive Gforce " tag on my VAFS5 due to high wind variations.... I put my settings on "smooth" but it is the same.

If you have any issue to solve my problem.... Maybe you can tell me what settings are you using to have smooth transition.

I have also a registered fsuipc.

Thanks in advance.

Christophe.

Set your Destination, Max Cruise Altitude and enable Adjust Options Automatically. If your system has wind shifts enable the Adjust Sim Friendly Options, if your system has severe wind shifts then enable the Use Maximum Stabilisation option too.

If, and only if, your system still experiences 'major' wind shifts during the cruise then you can also set the Stabilised GRIB Data option, but most systems will not need this option. It is included for the few that do. Long haul flyers experiencing severe wind shifts should also set the update frequency to 1440 minutes and 480km and select the Dynamic Weather Theme size (Weather dialog) to Maximum Size to minimise weather updates.

Cheryl

Cheryl,

Thanks a lot for your quick answer. Very appreciate.

I will configure OPUSFSX as you said during my next long haul flights and report back if i have any problems... or not  :P

Regards.

Christophe.

Hello,

Unfortunately, i have still some excessive weather change during my flights...

Here my OPUSFSX settings :

wopusfsx0.jpg

wopusfsx1.jpg

wopusfsx2.jpg

Hope you can help me on that matter.

Best regards.

Christophe.

Please refer to our FSX Wind Shifts bug SimForums topic. If your shifts are only recorded in some monitoring package then there is nothing that can be done about that apart from rewriting the FSX code. The FSX wind shift bug will always occur when RW weather is injected into the sim because the weather in varied and detailed. Only by using static or global weather can these problems be bypassed. FSX will always recalculate its ambient conditions whenever the weather changes, no matter how small that change. On the vast majority of system this does not cause any major problem, we do not suffer any wind shifts. But monitoring packages or Addons that rely on instant data from FSX will always register the shift.

Your options are already set to maximum stabilisation. If you are using Release Version 3.1 then try also setting the Stabilised GRIB Data option in the downloads dialog. That's about all I can suggest to minimise the effect of the FSX bug.

Stephen

Unless these wind shifts are causing actual major problems with the aircraft's flight I wouldn't worry about them. This very rarely happens on systems.

If all that is happening is that you are recording over speeds or excessive g force then nothing can be done about that. No one can stop the FSX wind shift bug causing fleeting errors in the calculated ambient winds.

Stephen

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your quick answer. Yes, my wind  shifts are only recorded in some monitoring package so i will check the correct settings onthe  FSX Wind Shifts bug SimForums topic.

Thanks again and thank you also for your great add-on !!!

Regards.

Christophe.

Hi Christophe

You already have the correct settings. Please read the SimForums topic but there is nothing that you can do to stop the 'fleeting' erroneous data being calculated by FSX, its always done this when any weather changes are injected. But do read our FSX Wind Shifts sticky topic. You system is not really experiencing any problems though, your aircraft is not misbehaving, just the recording package is logging the 'known' momentary erroneous data produced by the internal FSX bugs, that is all.

Stephen :-)