Sign in to follow this  
Krister

Would this dual pilot setup work?

I have an agp videocard with dual connectors, three screens (one connected to a pci video card), dual ch products yoke and dual ch products pedals. I also have some goflight modules of which I intend to buy more and also going to build a middle console for them.My thought is to mount the screens and yokes/pedals side by side, two chairs and the console between the chairs. The gofligh modules would be used to control AP, radios, lights etc.Then use an aircraft where you have a captain's as well as FO's view (such as the Aeroworx King Air) and then undock the FO's view to the screen on the right station. The outside view would be visible only on the left screen, but that's not a big problem.Finally I would plug/unplug the usb cables to the yoke/pedals depending on which station should be flying. Since it's just a matter of one or two seconds to detect the newly plugged yoke/pedal, that wouldn't be a problem.The only problem is to find an airplane where you can undock the FO's view onto a new screen (and the keep the captains visible on the first one).But if I would find such an airplane, do you think this would be a workable dual pilot solution and has anybody tried it?

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------