Sign in to follow this  
Guest Larry S

What do we have now with 9.1?

Guest PaulL01

"What do we have now with 9.1?"Really nothing more than what we should have gotten right out of the box, this patch should have been out six months ago or less. In Avsim's past they would have taken the MSFS team to task over this and the issues involved...not trying to smear the home site here folks but Avsim used to be at the forefront of cutting through the hype but now has grown soft in this area.Still, we got a patch and that IS a good thing, but we did all pay for this product and so it should be expected, not "hoped" for.

Guest cw1011

I'm sorry but I can't agree with you on this. 1. The seasonal CTD required seasonal changes.2. Tracking down what is really happening with performance is not easy - given the nearly infinite number of hardware configurations and add-on useage. 3. The program worked well before the patch - it's not as if it just plain didn't work like Fly 2.4. It's not like the program wasn't selling because of these issues -FS9 was one of the top sellers for many weeks last year.I'm happy with the patch - would have been fine without it too.

Guest wathomas777

"Really nothing more than what we should have gotten right out of the box, this patch should have been out six months ago or less."Not really sure I can agree with that one either.First of all, some background in software development is required. These "fixes" have probably been in the hopper for some time now, but as in any business you need to "budget" your resources.The additional bridges are probably a result of working on the new version. So, since the "bridge" guy was writing the code already, incorporating it into a patch would not be that much extra effort.The same could be said about the other issues.The "lateness" of the patch leads me to believe that FS2006 will be more of an evolutionary upgrade, much like FS2004 was.I believe most people are pretty happy with the scenery engine for the most part, and the use of "generic" landclass textures seems to provide the illusion of photoreal scenery for a fraction of the cost "data wise".These fixes were probably fixes they are building into the '06 product, and as a result, when they "fixed" them in the product cycle, they threw together a patch.I would be happy if the only thing that changed from 04 and 06 was more efficient weather modelling (frame rate killer), and more accurate scenery data (such as mesh, rivers, roads, shorelines, etc. etc.)