Sign in to follow this  
Rayan giggs

Saitek trim wheel as rudder trim ?

Hello friends.

Firstly the saitek forum is closed so that's why i posted this topic here.

The quistionis:

Can i use the Saitek trim wheel as rudder trim rather than the normal trim ?

I try that but i don't know how i can do this.

Thanks alot....

I'm sure you can ,as I have a Saitek Trim wheel,and after all an Axis is an Axis,but think about it first.

Do you really want to be moving it up for left and down for right,or the other way round,would'nt that be like patting your head whilst rubbing your tum,you could make this command confusing for yourself,have you not got a better source of control to bind it to?

BTW just my pennies worth :Thinking:

Okay mr ed straker..i have three Saitek's wheel trim.

I use one for the pilot, and the second to the copilot, and i want to use the third one to Rudder trim..

Can u tell me the steps how i can do that ?

Sorry Rayan,can't help you there,I only have the one trim wheel,so how you would configure three of them is beyond me I'm afraid,but I'm sure someone on here who is more knowledgable than I could help.

Hi,

Cannot confirm this 100%, but I think it's not possible. The reason is that in FS the aileron and rudder trims are not an axis. So you cannot control them in an analogue way. It's only +/- by a certain increment.  Some time ago, when I was developing a touch screen controller for FSX (for my own use) I did extensive research on the subject and coulnd't find a reliable solution.   

It might be supported by some 3rd party aircraft - but not generically. You'll need to contact the developer and ask. It might be then possible to configure it using FSUIPC.

FSUIPC alows you to assign an axis to Rudder Trim.

Chris.

Christopher Bell.