Sign in to follow this  
WestJetter

Sound Cutting Out

Hey guys,

I am having problems with the Q. Shortly after takeoff the sound is just stopping.  Everything is flying ok just the sound goes away! haha.  I am running ASE2012, UT2 and EZCA.  

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Brad 

Have you updated to 1.006? In the original release version 1.005 some people suffered with sound issues especially those using Windows 8, although there were a few with Windows 7 who had sound problems too. 1.006 has a fix in it for those issues.

Cheers, Andy.

The sound cutout issue happens for some users running Windows 7 and using the FSX flight planner. If you intend to use the flight planner for ATC, here's the workaround that I use:

1. Open FSX, create your flight plan and save it. Close FSX.

2. Open ASE and get the weather ready using the "Enter Plan" option. (I'm not sure if you have to exit FSX before doing the Enter Plan in ASE...this is just the point where I reboot my PC before a flight anyway).

3. Open FSX and at the Free Flight menu select the Aircraft, airport/gate, and time/date.

4. Load the flight plan created in step 1.

5. Use the SAVE option to save the flight (I use the real world flight number as the filename).

6. Exit FSX.

7. When ASE says "disconnected" reload FSX.

8. Select "Load" from the Free Flight menu and select the flight you just saved in step 5. This will put you at the airport, gate, and time you selected in step 3. This also bypasses opening the FSX Flight Planner, which seems to be the culprit in the W7 sound cutout issue for those who have it.

There you go. ASE will use the saved weather from the flight you saved, but will update as normal after you are sitting at the gate/stand. I've done many Dash 8 flights using this method and have never had an issue.