Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Want Info on Exits for Cargo and Jetways

I am looking for a complete description of the [Exits] section of the aircraft.cfg. with respect to the jetway and cargo door positions I have read the SDK. It says the coordinates are from a Reference Datum. Is that Datum position the same as the Reference Point for all the other dimensions like camera definitions, engine placement, lights, etc.? For a particular aircraft the exits coordinates have to be related to the nose wheel position on the parking spot. I find that if my plane is located by using the stock aircraft position that FSX sets at a particular airport the cargo loader and the baggage  truck are not always aligned with the cargo door on the plane Sometimes the baggage cart stops right behind the loader and sometimes it does not. I am trying to set the right coordinates for non-default planes. Some planes have two cargo doors. Can I define a particular cargo door that I want the loader to go to?

I also want to set the jetway position.There must be some logical geometry between the position of the plane reference to the jetway and the position of the entry door to the nose wheel position.

Another thing I would like to know is how to determine the actual reference point position. The aircraft.cfg says that the Reference Position is  =  0, 0, 0.

Is there some fixed geometry that cannot be changed between the loader position and the baggage cart position?

I have seen a lot of posts giving the positions for some particular airplane. Are these determined by trial and error or is there some magic way to determine the geometry?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks, Bob.

Bob,

You can trail and error,but the best way is use the positions find by some clever guy's .

Go to   Can't post a link so i send a PM.

I use this settings to and 95% is OK some need a little fine tunning.

Hope this help,Jan