Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Want to replace default AI with FSP models

Guest MSR740

Hi,how can i replace my default ai models with FSP modelsI dont want to see deafult FS9 aircrafts as AI anymore but i want to fly iti.e i dont care for realistc routes or anything i just want to replace the defaults

Guest j-mo

You can eliminate the default AI by removing the "traffic030528" bgl file (without the quotes). You'll still be able to fly the default aircraft. Then download and install the AI aircraft you want, find some flight plans, use TTools to compile into a new bgl file(s) and you're good to go. Personally, I use MRAI (www.mostrealisticai.com) as it has nice features such as aircraft integrity check, it manages TTools for you, and it happens to have RW flight plans.

Hi,It sounds like you want the very simplest method:1. Open each default plane's aircraft.cfg file by double clicking it (and selecting WordPad if needed). 2. Copy the original title= line by highlighting it (the whole line) and choosing Edit/Copy from the menu.3. Now change the title= line by adding something like NoAI to the end of the line. This will eliminate this aircraft from the AI traffic, but still let you fly it.4. Save the file.5. Close that file.6. Now double click on the FSP plane's aircraft.cfg file (the one you want to fly as AI in the default plane's place).7. Highlight the title= line (the whole line), and choose Edit/Paste from the menu. Now the FSP plane will have the same title the original default aircraft had. This will force FS to use this plane for AI traffic instead of the default plane.8. Save that file.9. Repeat #1 through #8 for each plane swap you want to make.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___