Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

What do "Streams" provide in American Data?

I am seeing no difference in my streams and rivers and am afraid I don't really know what I am supposed to be seeing? (Comparison screen shots anywhere????)As in the FS9 default scenery, some rivers just play out into dry beds for long stretches while in other areas turn into more of a lake than the rivers of reality.I have the American Data: Roads, Railroads and Streams as well as USA Roads. I Have tried about every combination I can think of and still do not see any difference in the streams.The roads in both programs work fine. In AD I see the difference in the roads, see the railroad tracks and power lines, but no matter what I do, I do not see any difference in water.For example, from my home base at KLWB flying east the Greenbriar River does not show up (between 5 and 10 miles east). Creeks and small streams which flow into the river show up, but not the river.Flying west toward Beckley (KBKW) for about 30 miles I should cross the New River. It does not show up either. I can turn toward Charleston and it eventually will appear as a very large river.Note: when I enable bridges in AD I see the bridges that cross these rivers, but no water. (The spot I am looking at is where I64 crosses these rivers)Is this what I am supposed to be seeing or is something amiss? Pretty disappointed if this is all there is.One side question. Along Hwy 64 which is the highway in question above, Leaving Lewisburg (KLWB) along this highway there are green road signs in AD every few hundred feet with an arrow pointing forward with a very fuzzy "CRASH" written on them. What is the significance or is this just supposed to be a cute sign relative to my altitude?Thanks:RTHEDIT: Marcus has already answered on the FSGenesis forum. NO RIVERS! Just small streams whatever that is. Frankly, a bit bisappointed in this program to start with, but I will give it a while for a fair evaluation.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!