Sign in to follow this  
Guest momo

FS2004 Diff. Braking Bug

Guest momo

Hello - it's been a loooooong time since I've posted here - hope everyone is well. :)I've been experiencing an extremely irritating and intermittent FS9 (FS2004) bug: my computer crashes to the desktop whenever I use differential braking. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it won't happen for a couple of minutes, sometimes it happens as soon as I hit the F11/F12 keys, and sometimes, it works flawlessly. It's independent of whatever plane I'm flying (er, driving), occurring with Stock as well as aftermarket aircraft. The only constant is the use of the F11/F12 keys - the sim works as expected otherwise.After crashing to the desktop, I'm presented with a maddeningly apologetic dialog box telling me that FS has encountered an unexpected error (that makes two of us), and asks if I would like to send Microsoft an error report. Being the good corporate citizen that I am, I did. And no, I don't expect anything positive to come of my anonymous act of altruism.Anyway, I searched the forum for this but didn't find anything that seemed to relate specifically - that said, I have about as much time as I have patience, so forgive me if this has already been posted somewhere. This really puts the brakes on my DC-3 flying enjoyment. (sorry about that.)Thanks for any help.Win 2KGeForce 4P4 2.7128MB RAM (I know, I know)MS Sidewinder FFB Pro

Guest allcott

Have you checked to see if you have a duplicate assignment for either the F11 or F12 keys? It's one of those things that can easily get missed! Many after market addons use the `F*` keys and some do conflict with the default FS commands, or with each other!Allcott

Guest momo

>Have you checked to see if you have a duplicate assignment>for either the F11 or F12 keys? It's one of those things that>can easily get missed! Many after market addons use the `F*`>keys and some do conflict with the default FS commands, or>with each other!No, I haven't, but this occurs with stock FS aircraft as well, like the DC-3 and all the other taildraggers. In fact, I encountered it the first time while taxiing the Dak. I'll still check that though - thanks!

Guest _patrol_

I've never heard of this before. My recomendation is get rudder pedals. That should solve the problem as well as adding a big jump in realism. If you do get pedals don't install the software that comes with them. Just use the controller assignments in FS9.David

You could check if duplicate assignments are the cause by changing the left and right brakes to different keys. Even programs running in the background that have nothing to do with FS may be using these keys and have an effect on FS.Allard.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

Guest momo

>You could check if duplicate assignments are the cause by>changing the left and right brakes to different keys. Even>programs running in the background that have nothing to do>with FS may be using these keys and have an effect on FS.>>Allard.Thanks - I checked key assignments in FS and there aren't any conflicts there. Ditto any external apps that I know of.I haven't reassigned the keys, however, so I will try that.Otherwise, since no once else seems to have heard of this, looks like I might have a personal "system feature." Barring any success with changing the key assignments, I'll try to contact MS directly.Thanks for the help, everyone.-mo