Sign in to follow this  
Guest _patrol_

missing scenery file?

Guest flight

Maybe I asked the wrong thing, or maybe I just wasn't understood, or maybe nobody knows, so I'll ask it this way. Would someone please look in their addon scenery folder and tell me if there's a file in there, other than files you may have added on? I deleted all files in this folder thinking it should be empty except for addon scenery. I didn't want any leftover addon scenery files, so I emptied this folder. Is their a file in there that I should have left alone? I keep getting a scenery.cfg error when I try to load FS9. It lets me continue and seems to function ok, but I'm just curious to know if I'm missing a scenery file now.

You probably had a situation where you added scenery to the Addon Scenery folder using additional folders like the following:Addon Scenery - default folderAddon SceneryScenery - default folderAddon SceneryTexture - default folderAddon Scenery3rdPartyScenery - new folderAddon Scenery3rdPartySceneryScenery - the associated Scenery folder for the 3rdpartscenryAddon Scenery3rdPartySceneryTexture - the associated Texture folder for the 3rdpartscenryIf you emptied the Addon Scenery folder and deleted its two default subfolders, you need to make the two default folders. If you at the same time deleted any additional folders and didn't first disable or delete that scenery in the Scenery Library listing, FS2004 is telling you it can't find those folders and files.You can proceed several ways. There are several Scenery.cfg programs that will search your files for proper entrys and make changes to the scenery.cfg file to correct errors. See scncfgv1.zip from the library or fsscenery.zip from http://www.fs-traveler.com/resources-g.shtml .Otherwise, search your scenery.cfg file for references to the Addon Scenery folder and delete any that include additional subfolders as indicated above. Lastly, you can retrieve the default scenery.cfg file from your fs2004 CDs using an unzipping program to search for the scenery.cfg file.W. Sieffert

Guest _patrol_

You'll find scenery.cfg on disk 4. There are two versions, complete and compact, and they're not compressed. Use the one that correspondes to your FS9 installation.David