Sign in to follow this  
N1G

A little puzzled

Hi, I decided to give P3D another try with the new drivers just to see if the micro stutters went away using ORBX scenery. Well they did not. Anyway, I decided to go back to the default textures but add in all available textures from REX. This included 4096 cloud textures and max sky and water sizes. With everything maxed out in P3D, including water, traffic, airport ground vehicles, EVERYTHING!,  I have 30 fps without a budge. This was a suprise to me because I thought for sure that with all of the textures installed along with everything maxed out I would have some issues. I just cant imaging the weight that ORBX textures must have, or maybe there is something else going on. I have no idea if ORBX does anything different with their textures aside from the sheer size of them. Maybe it has to do with the way P3D process them, I dont know. I am just a little puzzled.

[EDIT]: I forgot to mention that when using the ORBX scenery, Traffic was 0, clouds (default) HIGH-80mi, Autogen maxed, no airport ground vehicles. Pretty much turned down on all the internal settings.

Bob