Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dr Vesuvius

Let's Fly! Bonus: India Romeo Lima

If you're an internet savvy flight-simmer, the video title gives a clue to what this video is about.

The sun was shining, I had the day free, so I went and spent the day at the Airport Hotel on Ringway Road, Manchester(UK) with its viewing garden overlooking the end of runway 23.

From a simming perspective I found it incredibly useful.  Just from watching I picked up a few pointers that I hope will improve my abysmal taxiing, and I noticed a couple of interesting procedures that will change the way I sim (for example, pretty much every plane I saw performed a rolling take-off rather than pausing once lined up.)

If you don't already, I highly recommend seeing if your local airport has a viewing site and spending a day plane watching.  If you're in North-West England, parking at the Airport Hotel is £5 for 4 hours, of which £4 is redeemable at the bar for food & drinks.  It works out a lot cheaper than the airport's official Aviation Park (£12 parking!) and since the prevailing weather means most take-offs are from 23, gives you a much better view of the planes.

Regards

Dr V

The Couch Aviator's Diary - a newbie's journey into flight simming

http://couchaviator.blogspot.co.uk/

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

34%
    $8,560.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now