Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight

I hope this doesn't show up twice

First I'd like to thank everyone who has tried to help me, and some others with this bug that seems unfixable. There seems to be some confusion as to exactly what this bug is doing. So I get varying solutions, some which it seems don't realize what it exactly is we are experiencing. So please bear with me as I go into this lengthy description. I'd posted this once but didn't put anything in the subject bar, so I guess it didn't post. Soooo, here it goes again!I hope you will all be patient with me. Some may feel I am flogging a dead horse, but this little bug has really taken some of the virtual fun out of my simming experience. I think some of you don't really understand what I am missing now, so let me go into further detail.I have read some posts within this forum where people would ask "how do I save a flight so that when I come back I am in a cold dark cockpit?" To me it was obvious how this was done. I'd done it with Flight Simulator and it was always easy, and always the same. In fact, I always flew this way. I would fire up the Flight Sim, fly here and there, then land, go to an outside view of my plane, shut down all engines, then lights, then pop back into the cockpit and make sure the avionics switch, generator switches, and battery switches were off. (Nothing worse than coming back to a plane that I'd left the battery switch on, fool around with the flight planner, then go to start my plane, and find out now the battery was completely dead). I also changed my FS9.cfg so the opening screen wouldn't appear, but go right into my flight.This may seem trivial to some, however, it made my flying more realistic. In fact, if you remember, under General Options, the box you check "use system time" was specifically for this. It was so if you started your flight with a default flight, it would use the current system time, and not the time that was saved in the flight when you ended it.So this was quite simple and quite realistic. I'd name my flight "Start", click the box to use it as the default flight the next time I loaded the sim, then save it. The next time I loaded up the sim, (remember, without the opening screen) there I would find my plane, right at the airport where I'd left it, a cold dark cockpit, at the exact time it was right outside my window in the real world (using the system time option). Now all I had to do was load up the weather, and it would be exactly in my virtual world as it was in the real world.Well, now for some reason that has ended. Now FS9 completely ignores "use system time". Not only that, it completely ignores my "Start" default flight. Now I have to do "work arounds" all which seem like a nuisance to me and take away some, all be it little, of my flight simming enjoyment.I don't want a flight that always loads every time I start FS9. I already have that. Automatically FS9 will load the Seattle flight, and always at the time that file was saved at, not using system time.I don't want to have to go into my saved flight files and do some cutting in order to get it to use the system time. I just want it to do what it always has done before. Load my flight that I have saved as the default flight, using my system time and date.Maybe you do understand my frustration, and maybe there just is no cure for this bug. I just wanted to be sure that those trying to help knew exactly the problems associated with this.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Create and save the flight you want, DO NOT SAVE IT AS THE DEFAULT FLIGHT. DO NOT LET THE SIM OPEN THE SAVED FLIGHT DIRECT.That's it. From the Choose flight menu choose the `previous flight` or the saved scenario and that's exactly what you get.Allcott

This I know. But you still are missing one thing. I don't want EXACTLY what I saved. This is what I mean. When I used to save the flight as the default flight, when I rebooted the sim, I'd get the EXACT saved flight, except the time would not be exactly as I had saved it. I would get the EXACT same flight, but now with the current system time and date, which is what I wanted.What you are saying is I'll get the EXACT flight that I saved if I load the previous flight save. And yes, this I know, but it will also load with the EXACT same time and date as when it was saved. I don't want that. Look under general options. There is a choice there to use either system time and date, or use the saved files time and date when you load the sim. I want it to do what it used to do. I want it to EXACTLY load the flight I saved as the default flight, but with the system time and date, not the saved flights time and date. And this it used to do, but now it doesn't.I reinstalled FS2002 and it does what I want with no problem.That is EXACTLY what the option under the General Display tab is for. So that when you load a default flight, it will use the system time and date, not the flight's saved time and date.Why not? You are giving me a "work around", not a solution to the bug. I should be able to save it as the default flight, and open that flight directly, and it should load EXACTLY as I saved it, but using the system date and time.What you are telling me I already know. Like I said, people are not understanding the problem, but thank you for your reply.

Yes, something has changed in the update. Run the uninstall file for the update. Once uninstalled, delete the BACKUP folder. Run your test again and see if it works as you remember. If so, install the update, run the test again and see if the problem recurs. If so, send a message to tell_fs@microsoft.com .The normal save and make this the default flight from the flight simulator's Create a Flight menu doesn't work properly either. You can save the flight from the Create a Flight menu but it will not reset it as the default flight. You have to exit the flight simulator, change to the Select a Flight menu, select the previously saved flight, check the Make this the default flight box, and FLY NOW! before it will make your flight the default flight.W. Sieffert

Not only have I uninstalled the patch, but I've completely uninstalled FS9 and reinstalled it, and it still will not allow a default save flight the way it's supposed to.This all started well before the patch anyways. With me it started when I downloaded an aircraft that had to be installed via an exe file. When I went to uninstall the aircraft, using it's own uninstall exe, the main FS9 window would keep popping up (the one you get when you install FS9) and asking me if I wanted to uninstall FS9. I'd click on "cancel" then try to uninstall the aircraft again, but the same thing would happen. The only way I could get rid of the aircraft (the uninstall in the control panel for the aircraft would do the same thing) was to delete it by dragging it's folder to the recycle bin. Since then (and lo and behold if I can't remember the name of that aircraft file but it was one suggested by "Bear" in his flight adventures) I have not been able to save a default flight. That is why, seeing as I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled FS9 w/ no difference, I believe something has been done in the registry. Thanx so much for your help though. I really appreciate it.