Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paul Golding

VC brightness changes

OK, that's a bit of crap topic title.

The problem is best described thus..........I load a flight at night at an airport and I can see what I expect; it's pretty dark. But, if I use the hat switch to change my view to the left or right slightly, everything gets a bit brighter; the VC and the outside world. If I carry on panning to say the right, the view goes back to a bit darker.......carry on panning and it gets brighter again.

This isn't a gradual change, it's like someone switching on a dim light. It's not airport related because I can see it during a flight, and it's not limited to night time either as I can see the effect happening in the day. It's not connected with any specific aircraft of use of lights.

Now the weird bit, when I take screenshots of this........there is no visible problem!!!

So, I'm posting this in the HW forum as I can only assume the problem is HW related and hoped somebody might have come across this before.

In case anyone else stumbles across this, it was fixed by installing manufacturers (LG) screen drivers.