Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

The Kindle Fire! Question for the experts.

I surprised my wife tonight with the Kindle HD 7 inch Fire. I have spent the last two days  configuring it and playing with it to ensure I could explain the various features that comes with it. I know you missed my smiling face here, but come on guys, sometimes there are higher priorities than this crowd.

Anyway, first let me put in a plug for this thing... I am thoroughly impressed. Video on it is stunning. It has fantastic speakers with the Dolby sound system, and it is speedy. This is her third Kindle and I bought it to replace her current Kindle, her IPad and her IPod. It is going to do a great job of doing exactly that. Most importantly; she loves it!

Okay, so my question. I have a home network with two shared printers off of two different PC's. I would like to get the Kindle to network via WiFi to one or both PC's and use the shared printers as I do with both her laptop and mine. I have looked at the HP app for printers and placed it on the her Fire, but it can't find the networked printers (or at least I haven't figured out how to make it do so). Have any of you the Fire and done a "homegroup" type link up with your Kindle? If so, what app and how? Any help would be appreciated.

should have bought the new nexus 7. really an impressive tablet compared to the kindle fire hd