Sign in to follow this  
Guest P3_Super_Bee

For those who browse Avsim via dial-up....

Having only one line into my house, nothing is more annoying when I'm browsing here or downloading an aircraft, and a telemarketer calls. Unfortunately, I can't busy out the line using *70 as I always have to be alert for an emergency call from my mother, who is at that age now where I keep close tabs on her. Usually when call waiting kicks in, my carrier drops immediately. Needless to say, I get pretty PO'd when it's a telemarketer...Solution? Do-not-call list, right? I thought link this would be interesting--while not aviation related, it's related to those like me who use dial-up to browse sites like this one...http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/pending/callscam.aspTelemarketers will move heaven and earth to circumvent the do-not-call list, and they will try to push everyone's buttons to do so. Whether it's a coupon, or enrolling in a website--just be careful what you agree to--so you can surf in peace and download my new Mirage :)-John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have an unlisted phone number here, and only have recieved one call from a guy doing the ratings survey for radio stations. Have had the unlisted number for about 15 years now. Quite peacefull.

:-outta

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child