Sign in to follow this  
4T7

PMDG B777-200LR Standby Instruments

Greetings Everyone, 

I have been very much enjoying all of the BETA photos and videos with thanks to the team. In the midst of all of this I have curiously noticed a difference in the standby instruments between a couple of the videos that have been posted. 

1. This one with the "older separated" 200/300/200ER layout - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4wpI_xwfkI&feature=youtu.be

2. This one with the "newer" ISFD 200ER/LR/300ER layout - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Rtsz5wQrs

Are there actually LR's out there with the "older separated" layout? If so, is this a function that is similar to the NGX in the sense that one can change from one layout to the other via the FMC? 

I personally have only observed the ISFD on the LR's, 300ER's and the new 200ER's and the "older separated" layout on the earlier 200/300/200ER's.

It is a trivial question and it is mainly sparked from curiosity. Would anyone be willing to shed some light? 

Thank you kindly!  ^_^

yes, there are standby instrument options included with the aircraft. You can change the layout in the settings. The older layout is still an option for airlines, although not sure how many have taken Boeing up on that offer.

- Jane Whittaker

Very interesting! I clearly had no idea that Boeing still offered the option between the two. I would assume that most operators opt with the ISFD on their new orders, correct me if I am wrong. 

Thank you for your reply, Jane!