Sign in to follow this  
c172pilot

cannot communicate or see/be seen

Hello,

I recently have been unable to log into Vatsim without being booted off (once). And, on the second time when I do finally connect, I cannot communicate either by text or voice. I can send a flight plan, but again- no clearance or comms. Additionally, I cannot see other traffic, but I can see ATC lists.

yes, I tuned the right frequencies.

I'll provide my account info on request.

I'm thinking my issue is with not having an FSX "multiplayer game" set up?

Thoughts? And thank you all for your help!

Hello,

I recently have been unable to log into Vatsim without being booted off (once). And, on the second time when I do finally connect, I cannot communicate either by text or voice. I can send a flight plan, but again- no clearance or comms. Additionally, I cannot see other traffic, but I can see ATC lists.

yes, I tuned the right frequencies.

I'll provide my account info on request.

I'm thinking my issue is with not having an FSX "multiplayer game" set up?

Thoughts? And thank you all for your help!

Squawkbox or FSinn?

Then I can provide some guidance/help for you B)

Sorry! Fsx on windows 7, and SB.

Okay thanks.

First of all, were you 100% sure ATC was present and you had tuned to their frequency in your radio panel. This would be confirmed by a sound through squawkbox when a succesfull connection to their voice room has been established. Sounds like 3 tones rising in pitch in quick succession. Did you hear this?

Also in regards to not seeing traffic, did you check on a program like VATspy/Servinfo wether there was traffic on the ground? A common mistake from new members on VATSIM is that they expect to see traffic everywhere (mostly because they are used to AI programs). However, traffic will only show were a person has connected. If you were at a small, minor airport there is a high chance there was no one else there! :huh:

If you could answer those two questions, then I will be able to help you further (rather than taking time to fix something that might not neccesarily be broken :lol: ).

Sorry to hear about your troubles...a few quick questions:

1. Have you tried connecting to a different server IP?

2. To clarify, you cannot hear ATC or see any text communications occuring?

3. Have you calibrated your mic and if so was it successful?

Michael

In the bottom right corner of SB do you see 'Transmitting on ....' or is the box blank?

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

Blank. But it shows I'm active and also plays that chime. I have ensured my firewall allows the program. And have done a re-install of SB.

Thanks again

Make sure your aircraft radio and transponder is powered up prior to connecting to VATSIM.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1