Sign in to follow this  
Tulpenmuster

UT USA misplaced objects - how did you cope with it?

Hello all,

I know I come late to this party, but I just dare to ask you, the true FS2004 fanatics, about your experiences and solutions concerning misplaced objects in Ultimate Terrain USA.

As I'm a true believer in FS2004 since the beginning I already had quite some knowledge about Ultimate Terrain Europe/ Canada/Alaska and badly misplaced objects (notably buildings and bridges), which were a consequence of the lacking accuracy in the default world of FS2004 and some payware/freeware sceneries. I also knew about the fabulous Quantumleep Repositioning Project for Ultimate Terrain (QLRP4UT) and some methods how to exclude objects (but I never found a very covenient way to exclude disturbing objects by the way...).

But yesterday I focused my attention on the US for first time and installed UTUSA. Shortly after takeoff in KSEA I noticed all the ships grounded on land, by contrast the dock cranes in the water. QLRP4UT helped me much to reposition the city bulidings, but there are still huge factories misplaced on railways, ferries lying deep in the woods, cranes in the water.

And I asked myself why people didn't run out of the steam when watching all those misplaced objects. How was it possible that UT USA became a "must have" payware? Please, don't get me wrong: UT is a wonderful programm with undoubtable merits - but it seems, every simmer flying in the US had to turn a blind eye to the ships on land, for example. In view of Europe, Microsoft didn't spend much efforts in beautifying the landscape with extra objects. Therefore the European simmer had more diffculties with some bridges (or double shorelines when using other payware/freeware), but you US guys obviously have a bunch of misplaced cranes, ships, piers in presumably uncountable places. I was bummed out.

So, how did you do it? In the mostly wonderful screenshots here I never saw misplaced objects. I can't believe you made do with Seattle for example like I see it now on my PC.  Any comment or help is appreciated.

Best regards from Germany

Jens

First, insure you have installed the FS9.1 service upgrade. There have been some world scenery corrections in that including possibly some landclass files.

There have been a number of patch and upgrades to coastlines and water and service levels. Here is just one descriptive item on the UT site download page:

http://files.100megabyte.com/ultterrain/Patch/UtUsaV130.pdf

1.30 is the latest version and SeaTac is mentioned in this patch.

http://www.scenerysolutions.com/ut_downloads_FS9.html is the patch lists.

Thanks, ronzie, for your kind response!

I knew about the patches from scenerysolutions. Some patches helped me a lot concernig european seneries which brought potential conflicts with UTE.

Also I already patched UTUSA to 1.30.

Seems that I have to find a way to exclude or reposition the objects, which are interferingly misplaced.

Does anybody else has some interesting solutions for this problems? Thanks in advance.

Jens