Sign in to follow this  
ashere

saitek instrument panel creation help

hi did not know where to post this so tryied here . i am trying to create a panel for the saitek panel display instrument with a flight director but unable to get it to display have checked other gauges in the module have found one created by Philippe Verhaege has boeing version but would like to do a learjet 45 version have tried copying and changeing the code but unable to make it work . any help or pointers much appreciated. 

Take a look at this site: http://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/tag/flight-instrument-panel/

The site owner, Tom Tsui, has created lots of panels for the Saitek FIP (which is what I think you are referring to), and is very helpful.

Alternatively, I'd be happy to look over your code and see if I can spot anything obvious. I don't have Tom's experience, but I have successfully created a few FIP panels myself in the past.

hi thanks for the reply this is the code for the flight director .

<Element>

<Postion X="106" y="108

<Image Name="PFDVGE4_fd_pitch.bmp" ImageSizes="85,3,85,3"/>

<Axis x="42.5" y="1.5"/>

</image>

<Shift>

<Value Minimum="-15" Maximum="15">(A:Autopilot flight director active, number) (A:Autopilot flight director pitch, degrees) (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees:1, degrees) - /-/</Value>

<Scale X="0" Y="-4" /> 

</Shift>

<rotate>

<Value Minimum="-20" Maximum="20">(A:Autopilot flight director active, number) (A:Autopilot flight director bank, degrees) (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, radians) - /-/ </Value>

</rotate>

</Element>

i have looked at the code on the learjet in fsx gauge and found that the part is being moved up down also rotated .part from the attitude display i cannot find other code in fip code to look at. 

hi thanks for the reply this is the code for the flight director .
<Element>
<Postion X="106" y="108
<Image Name="PFDVGE4_fd_pitch.bmp" ImageSizes="85,3,85,3"/>
<Axis x="42.5" y="1.5"/>
</image>
<Shift>
<Value Minimum="-15" Maximum="15">(A:Autopilot flight director active, number) (A:Autopilot flight director pitch, degrees) (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees:1, degrees) - /-/</Value>
   <Scale X="0" Y="-4" /> 
</Shift>
<rotate>
<Value Minimum="-20" Maximum="20">(A:Autopilot flight director active, number) (A:Autopilot flight director bank, degrees) (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, radians) - /-/ </Value>
</rotate>
</Element>
i have looked at the code on the learjet in fsx gauge and found that the part is being moved up down also rotated .part from the attitude display i cannot find other code in fip code to look at. 

Couple things I noticed immediately:

I'm assuming this is a fragment from within a gauge. If not, then it needs a <Gauge and </Gauge> statement at least.

<Postion X="106" y="108     should be   <Position x="106" y="108">

I think Imagesizes="85,3,85,3"  should be Imagesize="85,3"  You may not even need that at all. Make sure your image is the size specified.

I've not seen multiple values used in Shift/Rotate statements before. Not saying you can't, but might be worth trying with just one value instead of three just to get it working.

I've had problems with rotate and radians (or was it degrees) in FIP gauges. xml for the FIP is not quite the same or as comprehensive as it is for regular FSX panel gauges.

If you like to PM me with your email id I can send you some examples and a few other hints.

I've not seen multiple values used in Shift/Rotate statements before. Not saying you can't, but might be worth trying with just one value instead of three just to get it working.

Sorry - I misread the code. Didn't see the operators at the end of the line. Not sure the syntax is correct (I will check), but still probably worth getting it working with a simple value and then add the calculation.

I think Imagesizes="85,3,85,3"  should be Imagesize="85,3"  You may not even need that at all. Make sure your image is the size specified.

I really shouldn't try to use my memory :rolleyes: I checked my code and that line looks correct. It does need to match the size of the bmp file though.

The gauge itself needs to have this code at the top:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Gauge Name="yourname" Version="1.0">

and this code at the end:

</Gauge>

Where "yourname" is the name of the gauge as referenced in SaiFlightSimX.xml in Saitek/DirectOutput e.g.

<Gauge Timeout="100" RootFolder="Relative" File="Gauges\yourname.xml">

</Gauge>

I'm assuming your gauge xml is in the Saitek/DirectOutput/Gauges folder, and the bmp file is in Saitek/DirectOutput/1024 folder.

Is your problem that you can't get the gauge to display at all, or is it not moving as expected ?