Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vr-pilot

Thanks PMDG and "Mr. Boeing"

In summer of 1996 I was booked on a BA B747 flight from EGLL to KSEA. On a ramp at EGLL I saw for the first time that new aircraft with the two big engines mounted to it: the T7!

This is now 17 years ago and just since last saturday I have the opportunity to fly that brilliant piece of engineering in my "3D home world" simulator.

The PMDG 777X is really easy on my little computer (watch my specs). Flying in Nvidia 3D Vision 2 mode (full screen, 1280x720at120Hz) using TrackIR5, is working as fine as with the 737NGX.

The T7 is a big aeronautical joy and can even be a breathtaking experience: that sheer endless power of the GE90 engines makes it really hard sometimes to keep the FD aligned. Amazing ROCs almost catapulting that big bird into fuel efficient FLs... (A fact that a A340-200 (1994) could only dream of since the last 17 years...)

I am looking forward to the "to be expected" new FSDT GSX Cargo add on. There is also talk about a GSX cargo extension for the existing GSX version, ment probably as an update.

This will bring again much fun on the screen. So I will be using the Aero Logic D-AALA and the Lufthansa D-ALFA 777-200 Frighters a lot as a complement to the 737NGX PAX world.

The real Emirates A6-EWB 777-200LR often flies over my house on her departures from Hamburg to Dubai, last time on the 2nd of september...

Thanks PMDG, also for the dedicated 777X introduction manual, that is very much worth reading and consulting in many aspects...

Greetings from a great fan,

Claus

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!